Sunday, October 12, 2008

Spice up your Life


By now I have tasted my share of cuisines. Dim Sum in China Town and homemade ravioli in Little Italy. I frequent aisles of Asian groceries and Russian markets. I let loose on avgolemono and dolmades. All in all I have eaten enough pho to know what's real. But, never have I ever eaten Ethiopian (that is until this past weekend.) 

Abyssinia situated on 80 University Avenue is a jewel of rich Ethiopian authenticity. The atmosphere gives off a relaxed vibe, conducive to conversation. Each order is poured over injera an absorbent sourdough, and you eat with your hands. It's flavorful, earthy, and oh so filling. Thankfully there are plenty of options for vegetarians and carnivores alike. Even when you take all of this into account, it's the spices that make the meal. 

Baby, Ginger, Posh, Sporty, and Scary, "why don't you spice up your life?" 

No comments: