Monday, November 24, 2008

Plymouth Rocks


Just before Thanksgiving I quit my diet cold turkey. I did it for the sake of tradition because you can definitely bet your bottom dollar that Squanto wasn't running around counting net carbs. However, since I still value principles of health and sustainability almost as much as the Macy's Day Parade, I opt to shop at Abundance Cooperative for all of my Thanksgiving needs . 

Abundance, located at 62 Marshall Street, is just aisle after aisle of bounty, a cornucopia of natural, tasty, organic groceries. They have your hormone and antibiotic-free turkeys along with wild tofurkeys. They have your cranberries for sauce, pumpkins for pie, spinach for casserole, and potatoes for baking. In my family it is customary for us to go around the table sharing what we are thankful for: holiday re-runs, laughter, health, good company, and delicious food. It is also customary for us to gobble everything in sight. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Red Hottie,

This is a bit late, but I just want to say...I am thankful for YOU.

<3 (Celine)