Monday, April 6, 2009

Bagel Bin Cafe


I pulled into the parking space, feeling a load of pressure drop from my shoulders. I finally reached my destination.
For the past 30 minutes, I was traversing the in and outs of Monroe County, attempting to find Bagel Bin Cafe in order to pick up gift certificates for this month's Wilson Common Wednesday. I am notorious for easily getting lost and I breathed a sigh of relief as I stepped into this Cafe.
Immediately, I saw a busy crowd hanging around. Some were waiting for their coffee, others were sitting at tables, reading the paper or catching up with an old friend. I liked the serenity of this atmosphere--busy and noisy, but calming. From observing its clients, I noticed that Bagel Bin Cafe is sort of like a haven away from real life where one could relax.
I walked to the counter and asked for the manager. He greeted me politely, with a smile and after inquiring about my business, handed me an envelope containing the gift certificates. The process was smooth--the manager knew what he was doing and the staff looked friendly as they helped customers.
"Good job, Bagel Bin," I thought. I got back into my zipcar (zipcar, BTW, is another RED partner) and checked the time.
"Crap!" I have 10 minutes to get to campus and return my car. Let's hope I don't get lost on the way back.

XOXO,
Notorious R.E.D.

No comments: